Wednesday 5 January 2011

Logo Design: Layout

For the band identity project I will be required to create a logo for the band so I decided to use one of my other designs for inspiration and help. I decided to design a logo for my college.


Logo Designs: Layout
I developed one of my original designs onto the computer using Adobe Illustrator. This was so I could change the layout and improve my design. I put no thought into the colour scheme or font at this stage because I was concentrating on the layout.


These are developed ideas from my initial designs from my graphic design sketch book.





This was an improved design from my original idea. I payed more attention to the sculpture outside the college and used it in my design. Once I had this created on the computer I toggled around with the basic layout. 






I first tried arranging the logotype and image. I wasn’t too sure whether I liked the whole sculpture in my design so I tried many ideas without it. I decided that it looked tidy without it.










I liked the idea of the image above the logotype so I further developed the design using a border around the text. I thought this improved the design, as it looked creative and unique. After experimenting with this idea I decided to create one that was more flexible and could be used over a greater range of applications as I couldn’t see this one working on student ID’s as it lost effectiveness when it was small.



I created a design that had a landscape layout, this was so it could be used on small applications and not take up much room while still being large enough to look effective. I preferred the layouts using the banner as this helped the design look clean while adding more colour.

1 comment:

  1. A Company Logo Design should be graphical element that effectively depicts the style, personality and mission statement of a company to the whole world. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete