Wednesday 19 January 2011

Logo Design: Dragon Origin



Colour Scheme And Font





Improved Design

I have used this layout for my idea because it looks attractive and creative. I wanted to next change some of the colour and add some fill effects.

 

I experimented by adding a fill effect to the sun, I wanted to make it look more creative, my first idea was too dark, the second was too light and I liked the third because it was the most red. I wanted the sun to be red as this represents Japan and the red rising sun on its flag. I tried to add a third colour to the effect however it looked like a German flag, so I didn’t use this design.




After experimenting with the colour of the sun, I decided I liked 
the third idea best. I then tried to develop this further by adding more colour to the dragon and wolf. These designs looked too colourful and drew attention away from the sun. I decided that my third Idea was the most creative and relevant design. I next decided to experiment with the fonts, I wanted a more Japanese feel.

Desdemona
I didn’t like this design because it gave the feel of old England, I wanted it to give the feel of Japanese dragons not European.


Shanghai
I really liked this font, it gave a good Japanese feel, it looks more Chinese though.



Nippon Tech
This looked like a modern styled Japanese font, I liked it but it was hard to read.



Last Ninja
This font was another style that gave another Japanese feel, it looked more effective than Shanghai as that gave a more Chinese feel.


Japan
I didn’t like this font at all, it gave my design the look of a logo for a laundrette. I only used this in my designs because of the fonts name.



No comments:

Post a Comment